Home Page
Herd Sires & Semen
Bulls for Sale
Females
Embryos
Annual Sales
History of McPhee Red Angus
Contact Us
Links

History

Persistent selection for practical profit making traits in any type of business leads to efficiency and success.  These are the things upon which McPhee Red Angus has built its good reputation and top quality herd since 1970. While love for the livestock goes back several generations in the McPhee family, Roy first became involved in registered Angus cattle in 1943.  This is the year he bought his first Aberdeen Angus and joined the American Angus Association. Over many years in the commercial cattle and feedlot feeding business, Roy decided to go into the purebred Red Angus business after buying his first Red Angus bull. It was then that he realized here was a breed and the only breed at that time to require performance information as a prerequisite to register your cattle in the association. As an agriculture banker, Roy had seen many registered programs start, sputter, stop, and sell as a result of lack of commitment and a goal to make their operation a success.

Our commitment from the start of our registered Red Angus was and is,

1.        A family owned and operated business, where we raise and market our own cattle.

2.        Use the best available Registered Red Angus bulls through AI and natural service.

3.        Our cattle are handled and fed the same way as a good profit minded commercial cattleman would.

4.        Unpampered and selected for low maintenance type cattle that do it on their own.

We have consistently selected females that wean good calves without creep feeding, and continue to raise a profitable calf every year. Our 600 cow herd is run on various leased parcels of land in 3-4 counties in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains. About 70% calve in the early fall, August-September, and the remaining 30% calve in the spring February-March. McPhee Red Angus raise nearly all 100% 1A Red Angus cattle, and have consistently for many years been in the top 10 for herd size in the nation. We are the largest Red Angus herd west of the Rocky Mountains, and offer some 200 plus bulls for sale annually.  Approximately 125 bulls and 75 females sell in our annual auction sale in the fall.  Throughout the year we offer at private treaty bulls and females for sale

Thank you for your interest,

Roy McPhee

McPhee Red Angus

Home ] [ Sires/Semen ] [ Bulls ] [ Females ] [ Embryos ] [ Annual Sales ] [ History ] [ Contact Us ] [ Links ]

A Life Well Lived: A Tribute to Roy McPhee

Web Design by Headwaters IT
© McPhee Red Angus